Delivering Your Hackathon Solution
To help you prepare your hackathon project submission, we've outlined all the required fields and forms, as well as provided recommended practices for each. Don't worry about completing everything at once as your progress will be automatically saved as a draft.
Before submitting your project, please make sure to review and follow the instructions below.
- Project Title: Choose a clear and descriptive title that accurately reflects the focus of your project.
- Short and Long Descriptions: Provide a brief summary (up to 255 characters) and a more detailed description (at least 100 words) of your project. Consider including information on the problem your project solves, your target audience, and any unique features or benefits.
- Technology and Category Tags: Select relevant tags that accurately categorize your project and help judges and users understand its focus.
Cover Image and Presentation
- Cover Image: The cover image is the main visual representation of your project. We provide a Figma board to create an eye-catching cover image for your project. The image should be in PNG or JPG format, 16:9 aspect ratio is recommended.
- Video Presentation: Include a video presentation in MP4 format showcasing your project's key features.
- Slide Presentation: Provide a slide presentation in PDF format summarizing the key points of your project.
Here are a few pro tips you need to know to make people excited about your product!
- Start from the idea and problem (users' pain) that your product can solve
- Make a detailed explanation of how your product works, and the technologies you used for this
- Make people excited about your project through a case study of how the user interaction with your product will look like. For this, a screen recording of how you perform a common user interaction might be perfect.
- Do not forget to mention what prospects there are for the product, and where it can be applied - this is a very important question that you should ask yourself in order to understand whether it is worth continuing to develop your idea and investing your time and money in it.
- Last but not least, try to not overload the slides with text -most people won't read it. Try to be concise, using 2-3 sentences maximum to describe each point that we listed above. And preferably allocate most of the time to the showcase of how your product actually works - this is always the most interesting part.
- Public GitHub Repository: Store your project code in a public GitHub repository. Read our how to use Github for your hackathon project tutorial.
- Demo Application Platform: Use Streamlit, Replit, or Vercel platforms to accelerate the development of your prototype.
- Application URL: Provide a URL to your application that allows judges and users to interact with your prototype.
How to use Streamlit, Replit and Vercel to host your project?
These all are great tools to be used during an AI hackathon, but It's just important to choose the right tool for your project, as all of them are dedicated to different problems / matters If you’re creating a web app with Python, use Streamlit. To run your code online, use Replit. Use Vercel to host your web app online.
- Project Title
- Short and Long Descriptions
- Technology and Category Tags
- Cover Image
- Video Presentation
- Slide Presentation
- GitHub Repository
- Application URL
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your project submission!